Friday 15 February 2013

#19 - The Nation's Noodle Beef & Tomato Flavour


  • Brand: The Nation’s Noodle (Golden Wonder)
  • Flavour: Beef & Tomato
  • Cost: £0.75 (2 for £1.50 deal, normally £1 each)
  • From: Tesco
  • Description:Dried noodles in a beef & tomato flavour sauce with soya protein and vegetables
  • Weight: 90g (277g when made up as per instructions)
  • Allergies: Cow’s Milk, Wheat Gluten, Egg, Soya (may contain traces of nuts)

    A Lot To Live Up To                               A Lot To Live Up To
Golden Wonder noodles, the name just conjures up the early days of the Pot Noodle when instant noodles first hit our shores back in 1978. Earlier this week I reviewed the Beef & Tomato Pot Noodle and it scored a very respectable 7/10, these have a lot to live up to.

They're not off to a good start with their non-recyclable packing...

“How do they taste?” The answer is not very nice, it's a mixed up jumble of flavours that has the net effect of "wrong". I can't even really describe it... sorry, the only thing I can think of is that they've gone way overboard on the yeast extract.

“Do they remind me in any way of a beef & tomato dish? The answer is not at all. This time I can't even taste the tomato, honestly it's just a mess in my opinion.

“How do I feel now I’ve finished it?” The answer is worried, food shouldn't taste this nondescript.

Conclusion – Never again, such a let down after their great Chip Shop Curry offering.

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 1.5/10

1 comment:

  1. More tomatoey than beefy. I hate "nations noodles" as a whole, but these ones aren't bad, not great either though.

    ReplyDelete