Monday 4 March 2013

#27 - Southern Fried Chicken Pot Noodle


  • Brand: Pot Noodle
  • Flavour: Southern Fried Chicken
  • Cost: £0.75 (buy 2nd half price deal, original price £1.00)
  • From: Sainsbury’s
  • Description: Noodles in a Southern Fried Chicken flavour sauce with vegetables and a little sachet of Tomato sauce.
  • Weight: 90g (305g when prepared)
  • Allergies: May contain soya

    No, just no!                                              No, just no!
Mmmmmm, Fried Chicken flavour. I can't wait for this one because I love fried chicken, be it The Colonel, SFC, Chicken Cottage, home cooked Tatsuta Age, it doesn't matter - I love 'em all!

Packaging is good, very nearly all recyclable, clear instructions  - let's get tasting!

“How do they taste?” The answer is OK I suppose. I'm not sure what I'm tasting though and the ingredients list doesn't help much either, I mean what are 'ground spices' and 'flavourings'? The consistency is the usual Pot Noodle consistency which is good.

“Do they remind me in any way of Southern Fried Chicken?”  The answer, incredibly disappointingly, is no. Yes there is spice but it's so lacking in flavour that it's just that - spice. I'm looking for a butter, spicy, herby flavour and it's just not there.

“How do I feel now I’ve finished it?” The answer is satiated but annoyed by the after taste.

Conclusion – Another distinctly average Pot Noodle, remind me why these are the nation's favourite someone...

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 5.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I loved these, such a shame they no longer make them. Bachelor's super noodle version is weird though.

    ReplyDelete