Thursday 7 March 2013

#28 - Tesco Everyday Value Spicy Curry Flavour Noodles


  • Brand: Tesco Everyday Value
  • Flavour: Spicy Curry
  • Cost: £0.40
  • From: Tesco
  • Description:Dried noodles in a spicy curry flavour sauce mix with soya protein and dried vegetables
  • Weight: 70g (260g when made up as per instructions)
  • Allergies: Wheat, Gluten, Soya

    Much better than expected                                           Much better than expected
This is the 2nd Everyday Value noodle pot I've tried from Tesco's own range. The first one, beef and tomato, only scored 4 out of 10 but, to be fair, at 40p per pot I think that's pretty good. First thing to point out is the packaging. It's reminiscent of a Pot Noodle but doesn't contain a sauce sachet. The pot itself is recyclable, the lid isn't - again, not bad.

“How do they taste?” The answer is not bad and remarkably flavoursome. This is the same comment as the last one I tried so I'll say the same again "I say this as you’d expect the bare minimum of flavouring but you get a nice dark broth coating nice noodles with the odd little bite of carrot or pea."

“Do they remind me in any way of a spicy curry? The answer is yes, but it's more of a Chinese curry flavour. This is what I said about the Original Curry Pot Noodle I reviewed so they're in good company. Ingredients include cardamom, coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, garlic powder, pepper, cumin and bay amongst other things. The problem is that there's probably more sugar than all of these combined and so it loses that authentic Indian/Pakistani curry flavour.

“How do I feel now I’ve finished it?” Pretty good is the answer. With only 325 calories I'm glad I'm eating quite late today as these will see me through to dinner which is really all you want.

Conclusion – As previously I am impressed with what you get for 40p. The only unrecognisable ingredients are maltodextrin and malic acid but if you take a look at out glossary page you'll see that these are quite fine to have in your food. All in all, pretty happy with these.

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 5.5/10

1 comment:

  1. The noodles have a weird texture but they're not bad. They have a nice bit of heat to them but they're nothing special.

    ReplyDelete