Monday 20 May 2013

#52 - Ko-Lee Go Noodles Curry Flavour


  • Brand: Ko-Lee Go Noodles
  • Flavour: Curry
  • Cost: £0.44
  • From: Morrison's
  • Description: N/A
  • Weight: 65g (265g when rehydrated)
  • Allergies: Soya, Wheat, Gluten, Mustard

    Too much packaging!           Too much packaging!
I've tried one of the Ko-Lee pot range before (Thai Hot & Spicy Tom Yum) and I was very impressed, giving them a score of 8.5 out of 10. The packaging here is identical, too much of it, but you are given the choice of whether you want a noodle soup or a noodle snack which I like. The only problem I had is that I wasn't paying attention and just filled it to the ridge inside the pot which is higher than both of their suggested fill lines - oops, let's hope it's not too watered down.

First thing you notice is the colour of the flavourings, it's a bright yellow so it must have a fair amount of turmeric in there - nice.

“How do they taste?” The answer is not bad. The feeling you get is certainly of an Asian influence, I'm just trying to narrow down exactly where though. The ingredient list doesn't really help as all it says is curry flavourings and garlic, with a little bit of E621 / MSG of course. The veg floating around adds good texture and all in all - they're just alright.

“Do they remind me in any way of traditional curry?” The answer is mostly, it's just strange as it seems to have the sweetness of a chines curry but the other flavourings of an Indian curry - it's a bit confusing. Maybe it would have been a bit more obvious if I hadn't watered it down so much but I doubt it.

“How do I feel now I’ve finished it?” The answer is pretty good. I would have preferred to have a bit of spice in my curry but the flavour wasn't bad, the noodles were nice and it's completely inoffensive.

Conclusion – Not as good as the Tom Yum but still not bad

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment