Friday 24 May 2013

#56 - The Nation's 'Normous Noodle Chip Shop Curry Flavour


  • Brand: The Nation’s 'Normous Noodle (Golden Wonder)
  • Flavour: Chip Shop Curry
  • Cost: £0.98
  • From: Morrison's
  • Description:Dried noodles in a chip shop curry flavour sauce with peas and carrot
  • Weight: 112g (360g when made up as per instructions)
  • Allergies: Cow’s Milk, Wheat Gluten, Egg, Soya, Mustard

    'Normous eh?   'Normous eh?
So I've already tested this flavour in the not so 'Normous range so this should be exactly the same, just a bit bigger - let's see...

As usual with a Symington's product (the manufacturer from Leeds) there's no sign that any of the product is recyclable. It's easy enough to prepare however; open, pour to fill line, stir, wait, stir, wait, add sauce and then eat. 1 out of 2.

How do they taste? The answer is not bad. They're quite spicy and have a fair bit of flavour to them. There's a fair amount of sweetness coming through that balances quite well with the spice. 2 out of 4.

Do they remind me of a traditional chip shop curry? The answer is yes they do. The sweet / spicy combination is very reminiscent of a chip shop curry without the tang you get from onions which I think are the key to a good chip shop curry. What I definitely like is the consistency, really reminds me of chip shop curry sauce. 2 out of 2.

How do I feel now I've finished it? The answer is pretty good, quite full and ready for the rest of the day, plus there's spice running over my palette and I like that. The only thing I'd say is that I now feel a bit heavy. 1.5 out of 2.

Conclusion - Size doesn't matter, the difference in size is only about 15% bigger and to be fair I can't really tell the difference.

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 6.5/10 - Exactly the same as the smaller counterpart

No comments:

Post a Comment