Monday 3 June 2013

#57 - Batchelor's Bacon Flavour Super Noodles


  • Brand: Batchelor’s Super Noodles
  • Flavour: Bacon
  • Cost: £0.50 (reduced from £0.68)
  • From: Tesco
  • Description: Super Noodles in a tasty bacon flavour sauce
  • Weight: 100g (400g when prepared)
  • Allergies: Contains Celery, Gluten, Milk and Wheat

    Frazzles!        Soggy Frazzles!

Why oh why do I keep buying Super Noodles? My 'corporate' answer is because I want to be able to provide a report on every noodle product I can find, the honest answer is I just want to get them out of the way quickly.

As usual the packaging isn't recyclable and prep is easy so they get half a point.

When you open them you're hit with a chemical aroma that I've only ever smelled before from a bag of Frazzles. I don't like Frazzles, but I can't remember whether it's the taste or the fact that they lacerate every inch of your mouth as you eat them...

How do they taste? The answer is like Frazzles. Turns out I don't hate the taste (must just be the sharp edges) so this is OK. It's smoky, salty, sweet which all in all isn't too bad. The main problem is that the chemical odour translates into a chemical taste. 1.5 out of 4.

Do they remind me in any way of Bacon? The answer is no, they remind me of bacon crisps which don't taste like bacon. Just because someone once called this flavour bacon doesn't mean you can copy that and say you've got a bacon flavour - you haven't! In terms of the ingredients list the only flavour listed is 'Smoke Flavouring' - ridiculous! 0 out of 2.

How do I feel now I’ve finished? I don’t feel terrible but the Batchelor's salty mouth is back again and it’s not very pleasant. 0.5 out of 2.

Conclusion: Not the worst, not quite!

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 2.5 /10

No comments:

Post a Comment