Wednesday 5 June 2013

#59 - Koka Curry Flavour Noodles


  • Brand: Koka Noodles
  • Flavour: Curry Flavour
  • Cost: £0.39
  • From: Tesco
  • Description: N/A
  • Weight: 85g (485g when rehydrated)
  • Allergies: None Listed

    Very tasty, just a tad too salty in the end 
    Very tasty, just a tad too salty in the end

Back with the Koka packet noodles. I had the vegetable flavour yesterday and they did alright, plus I've already reviewed the curry flavour pot which did rather well, so I'm looking forward to these.

So they come in a non recyclable packet but are easy to prepare so that's 0.5 out of 2 in the first round. When you're preparing these though you get a great scent of Chinese curry (chip shop curry) and I love that so I'm looking forward more and more...

How do they taste? The answer is lovely. They've got a very slight level of spice, great sweetness and perfectly seasoned. It's just a shame there's nothing in the broth in terms of vegetables as that would have really set it off nicely. 3 out of 4 for out and out taste.

Do they remind me in any way of a curry dish? The answer is yes. Just like their sticky chip shop counterpart these noodles taste very good, the only difference is that these are in a broth and that doesn't bother me at all. 2 out of 2 for tasting like what they say they taste like.

How do I feel now I’ve finished? Wishing I had more, I'm not a massive eater but I could keep going with these. There is the old Koka salty taste coming through now though so only 1 out of 2 as it's a bit overpowering.

Conclusion: The pot version is 50p more but it contains a myriad of veg. The taste is very similar but you get more in the packet - tough one to call.

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 6.5 /10

No comments:

Post a Comment