Tuesday 11 June 2013

#61 - Mama Pork Flavour Noodles

  • Brand: Mama
  • Flavour: Pork Flavour
  • Cost: £0.40
  • From: Tesco
  • Description: Oriental Style Instant Noodles
  • Weight: 60g (410g when rehydrated)
  • Allergies: Wheat, Soy


More Mama noodles today which makes me happy. The last ones I tried, Kimchi Flavour, were a knock out so here's hoping :-)

The first thing I'd say about these is that they've got different branding than the Kimchi Flavour. The pack is slightly smaller and they're a bit cheaper - actually a whole third cheaper. The packet is still just as unrecyclable, the sachets are pretty much of the same style but the prep is different. All you need to do is add everything to a bowl with 350ml of boiling water, cover and leave for 3 minutes - that's it! Still only get 0.5 out of 2 but I thought that was pretty cool.

How do they taste? The answer is nice. The prevelant taste sensation is the heat from the chilli powder but there's also a deep umami, almost shellfish like, taste that comes right through. There is also a hint of leek flavour too. I like these, they get 3 out of 4 for flavour.

Do they remind me of a pork dish? The answer is only if that pork dish is swimming in chilli and onion. You can't really get any pork flavour but at least they've tried by adding 0.2% artificial pork flavour. Unlucky really, 0.5 out of 2.

How do I feel now I've finished it? The answer is a bit oily. I've got a bit of a slick in my mouth which is coating everything. In terms of satiation I'm good and I do enjoy the lingering sensation of the chilli, it'll have to be 1.5 out of 2.

Conclusion: The difference in the price comes through with the quality but these are still worth a look.

Need 4 Noodle Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment